You’ve already created and make your website live. Now, you have to do search engine optimization of your website for users to visit it. Typically, most traffic to a website comes from search engine websites such as Google, Bing or Yahoo etc. Search engine optimization (or SEO) consists of implementing adjustments on your website to increase the chances that it will appear among the first search results when the keywords are relevant.
Why is search engine optimization (SEO) important?
search engine optimization (SEO) is important because appearing in the first page of search results will bring you more visitors. It is also important because good search engine like Google positioning allows you to get the right visitors: people who are looking for what you offer.
Most people click on the first page search result that the search engine shows them. So, if you can get your website on first page of search result, Its great! Your website can appear in a featured snippet or in a Google Question answer box.
Search engines do not necessarily position the largest, prettiest and most expensive web pages at the top, but choose the ones that have the best answers to the question a visitor is asking.
The trick of SEO
1) Website should have relevant content visitors’ search query and
2) Make sure your content should be easy to understand so visitors and search engine’s bot can read your content easily.
This articles about SEO use Google as an example or as a synonym for search engines. The reason is simple: because almost 90% of internet users use Google for their queries. However, these tips can also be applied in other search engines also such as Bing and Yahoo.
How search engines like Google works?
A search engine is a list or index of website pages that is constantly updated. Search engines use web crawlers/bot that browse the website in search of web page data. Crawlers start with home page and follow other internal links that redirect them to other pages. When crawlers find a new web page, Search engine add it into their list of pages to index.
Once crawlers find and collect the information of website, the search engine uses a search algorithm to position the website in relation to different keywords and phrases.
To allow google to crawl your website, you can submit your website to the Google Search Console.
How search engine algorithms works?
Search engines don’t reveal their algorithms accurately because they don’t want people to fool the system. However, some factors are widely known: including clear texts, titles, alt text, keywords and backlinks is of the utmost importance. Search engines also reward factors that influence a website to be easier or more secure to use, such as mobile optimization and the HTTPS security protocol.
In fact, there are around 200 Google SEO factors that make the difference between a website that Google likes and one that maybe doesn’t. Some are quite definitive, others are more of a speculative issue. If you look at the list, you will see that SEO has something mysterious about it. This explains why people make a bit of a fuss when trying to get some advantage when Google updates its algorithms.
If you continue reading, you will find the factors that are easy to adapt to your website and whose effectiveness is already proven.
What parts of THE SEO can I apply?
Once you understand how search engines work, you can customize your website and content to reach as many Google users as possible.
Although not complete, this list is a great starting point. And if we consider that many people don’t even open their website’s SEO settings, starting with this can give you a huge advantage.
Some features that search engines like:
Original, valuable, engaging and written content for people, not search engines.
Key words and phrases used naturally. If you use keywords that users typically type in their Google searches, they’re more likely to find you. There are many myths about keywords, so be sure to check out our keyword guide for beginners.
Content with structure. Include a Main Title (H1 tag) at the top of each subpage, with medium and small subtitles below so that the content is divided into sections that can be understood.
- Content with structure. Include a Main Title (H1 tag) at the top of each subpage, with medium and small subtitles below so that the content is divided into sections that can be understood.
- Original, valuable, engaging and written content for people, not search engines.
Key words and phrases used naturally. If you use keywords that users typically type in their Google searches, they’re more likely to find you.
- Fill in a title for the site and titles for the subpages in the SEO settings. This indicates how your page will appear in search results.
- Internal-links of reputable web pages. A backlink is a link that allows you to get from another website to yours. If someone includes a link to your page on theirs, they are somehow endorsing your website and saying that they like your content and want their visitors to see it. Google loves this.
- Internal and external links. Links to other subpages of your website (internal) or to other websites (external) help web crawlers understand how your content fits. No web page or subpage should be isolated.
- Web pages optimized for mobile devices that have good mobile designs.
- Clear navigation menus that are easy to read and understand.
- Alt-text that describes what you see in your images.
- Regularly updated content. This gives search engines the guideline that the information on your website is accurate and up-to-date.
SEO strategies you should avoid:
The knowledge about conventional SEO from a few years ago is no longer sufficiently up-to-date. Over the years, Google has added more nuances to its ranking factors and this has improved searches in general and made them more captious.
For example, people used to fill their content with keywords to achieve a certain “keyword density” with the belief that this would help them get a higher ranking. Today, Google rewards natural language and, in fact, penalizes web pages that look fake because they are full of keywords that are repeated everywhere.
That’s why you might hear certain people recommend some of these outdated strategies, but it’s best to move on from them to avoid a penalty.
- Pages with repeated content
- Using keywords Irrelevant
- Excessive use of keywords
- Pages with little or even no content
- Participation in link schemes
- Hidden text or links
conclusion? It’s always a good idea to do a quick Google search to check if a certain SEO rule someone preaches is still really up-to-date.
What are the SEO tools offered by Echo Web Solutions?
Due to the way it is developed, EWS already have search engine optimization from the moment zero, but in addition, we have included many tools that allow you to customize your website and position it as high as possible in search engines.
SEO list: hands on
brave! You’ve come this far and you understand the basics of what you’re trying to do. Now it’s time to check the list, follow the links to each resource, and start working on it.
You don’t need to make all of these changes at once. Work on them as time goes on and you’ll start to see your search results improve and your traffic increase.
How long does it take for SEO to take effect?
SEO doesn’t work instantly. On the contrary, it is a long-term path that will lead you to get free traffic on your website.
You will need to review the results regularly and update your website content accordingly. Over time, you’ll achieve a solid search engine position that will be difficult to eliminate.